Friday, November 17, 2023

Comments on the Comments

1. I LOVE getting comments! Thank you.πŸ’œ
2. I don’t always know who the comments come from. I think you have to log in using your google account and pick a name that will appear when you use the account. I will try to research this and post instructions, but I don’t think I will have time until after we get home.
3. I don’t know how to reply to a comment so that it shows up as part of the comment. I don’t know if it is possible. I will try to answer many of the recent questions here, instead.
4. Thank you so much to all who sent messages of concern and healing when we were sick. We have recovered completely.

Answers to your questions, starting with the beginning of the OAT tour:

Nov 12:
Did the clinic treat us for free? No. The charges were more reasonable than I think they would have been at home, but not inexpensive. Fortunately, we have travel insurance. Furthermore, Aetna, as our co-pay, will be the primary, since Medicare does not apply when you are overseas. We are very fortunate it wasn’t more serious and very fortunate that we don’t have to worry about the cost. I suspect even our Uber to the clinic will be reimbursed.

Nov 13:
Where did I get the fabric? I get all of the fabric from photos on the internet. Most of it is from the websites of fabric stores, especially the Missouri Star Quilt Company. Some of it is from the websites of fabric manufacturers, such as Moda and Hoffman, or fabric designers, such as Kaffe Fassett and Tula Pink.
What are the eggs? The eggs are kiwi bird eggs.

Nov 14:
Discussion of economic situation in Maori village?
Yes, a lot of discussion. Murupara used to be a logging town. A machine now does a lot of the work that used to be done by hand, so many jobs were eliminated. Covid came along later, and that didn’t help the situation. Young people are leaving for better jobs in the larger cities or in Australia, where wages are higher. The Maori are figuring out how to create jobs in tourism. The lodge we visited on Nov 14 was operated by a young Maori family. On Nov 15 we went to a property that also was operated by Maori. Some members of our group went on an optional canopy tour, also operated by Maori.

Today’s fabric is Question Mark Light Green, by heyvesdesigns.




3 comments:

  1. Hi, Peggy:
    I am signing my name because you said you haven’t been able to tell who has been commenting.
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, The extremely large and beautiful Albatross. We went to the bird colony and birthing area there in Dunedin. Also, the steepest paved street in the WORLD was great fun. Enjoy! Brock

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the answers! Much appreciated. Kate - who signs here because I had all kinds of problems in the past when I tried to sign in to my Google account and then comment from there. [Might be because I have a long-dormant Blogspot blog.] So this way… no hassles for me but you know who commented!

    ReplyDelete