Tuesday, December 13, 2016

December 13, 2016 - Atlanticness

Today I went to a talk on Tips and Tricks for the iPhone and iPad. I actually learned a number of useful things.  One thing I learned is that we are now in the Grytviken time zone. OK. I also learned how to change the time on the iPad when it doesn't automatically change for whatever reason. 

Other than that, this was a pretty standard day at sea, albeit a little on the rough side. We didn't see any other ships. I suspect we are way outside the regular shipping lanes.  

Apparently I climbed 36 flights of stairs today. I would have guessed 10 or 12, but FitBit doesn't lie, right? So, I'm thinking FitBit counts all those ups and downs (or just the ups) from the big swells. 

The other day I spoke with a man who told me his pedometer was linked to a GPS. He walked a few laps around the top deck and found he had gone 15 miles. 

It gets a little surreal to be out here, just chugging along, living on a little floating island. But I really do enjoy it. It is relaxing and easy to give yourself permission to do nothing. 

In the evening saw the "contemporary ventriloquist," Kieran Powell, again. He had also been on our first cruise segment. He is billed as "Real Genius in Puppet Form," if you are keeping track. Ummm, no. He was ok, but not my idea of Real Genius. 

That is really all I have to say about this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment