Saturday, March 4, 2023

To the Sky

March 4, 2023


This morning we disembarked from the Apex and took a short taxi ride through Port Everglades to Terminal 2, where we boarded the lovely Sky Princess. It is great to be back aboard Princess.

Here are some view of our stateroom — it’s a little smaller than our cabin on the Apex, but the storage space and closet are larger and more convenient.



It seems that all cruise lines give you wooden hangers for your clothes. They usually have little notches on the shoulders that have not been sanded. I have snagged some of my clothing on them. Some of the hangers have metal clips for pants, and these can also be a source of snags. I have been experimenting with hanger covers to prevent damage to my clothes. Here is a prototype of Hanger Cover 2.0. 

I only made four because I wasn’t sure if they would work. I think they do work, but for the next set I make, I am going to enlarge the hole for the metal hook on top. They have to be long on the bottom to cover the metal clips, and simply to stay on the hanger, even if there are no clips. I think the length is good on this version.

Nautical fabric!

Ta Da!

We LOVE our wonderful aft balcony.💖 You never know  what you are going to see.

A ferry from British Columbia!

Heavy traffic under the drawbridge

Miles of inviting beaches are visible as we sail away from port

Today is the ceremonial start of the Iditarod. It is also the start of the Iknitarod, a chance for crafters to start, finish, or work on a fiber project - not necessarily knitting. I will be working on a sashiko project I brought with me. #Iknitarod


I am finished with the purple, but I have quite a bit to do with the turquoise.

Sabatini’s is the Italian “specialty restaurant” onboard. “Specialty” is Italian for “you pay extra.” But Sabatini’s is truly worth it, especially compared to how much restaurants cost in Alaska. The food is magnificent. Take it from someone who spent three and a half weeks in Italy last fall.


Burrata with balsamic reduction 

Branzino with tomatoes and artichoke


We went to see a comedian named Ross Bennett. His shtick was to be nerdy. The audience took a long time to warm up to him, but he was really quite funny, without being mean or dirty. I liked him.

 

Today’s color is sky blue.  

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I hadn’t heard of the io ikniteron!
    I’m glad you are having a good time😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up now that we have service. Good fun. Thanks for Travels with Peggy. Beck

    ReplyDelete