Tuesday, March 8, 2016

How to Be a Kiwi - March 9

As we leave New Zealand, I am trying to put my finger on what makes Kiwis Kiwis.
I will probably add to this list as more differences occur to me, but here is my list, as of March 9.

HOW TO BE A KIWI

1. Don't wear shoes. Don't wear them in the airport, don't wear them on the airplane, not even in the restroom on the airplane. Don't wear them walking around in a city. Don't wear them in the grocery store or the museum. Don't wear them when jogging.

2. If you have to wear shoes, wear flip-flops.

3. Cross diagonally at intersections.

4. Wear a uniform to school.

5. Go to a Girls' High School or a Boys' High School.

6. Trundle your bundles.

7. Drink lots of coffee. Order it "flat white."

8. Don't litter.

9. Buy (meat) pies at the petrol station.

10. Eat Hokey Pokey ice cream.

11. Learn how to make a Maori face.

No comments:

Post a Comment