Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Sitting on the Dock of the Quay - March 16

That would be the Circular Quay. In Sydney. It's Wednesday morning here; Tuesday morning where I come from

Here we sit, waiting to disembark - and not a moment too soon. All around me I hear murmured conversations, shouted cell phone conversations, and the occasional loudspeaker announcement. I really miss the days when international cell phone calls were way expensive.

There is a worse sound, however. It is the almost constant coughing, sneezing, snuffling, and nose-blowing of a quarter of a sizable number of almost past-passengers. Get me outta here. 

I have noticed that it usually takes about two weeks for some kind of cold, flu, or upper respiratory affliction to gain a foothold and rear its ugly head on a ship. We are right on schedule. 

I have been very careful about washing my hands and not touching things, but it's hard to stop breathing, so I hope I have dodged the bullet this time.

No photos of the sick people, today. I do hope to upload some photos later today. Maybe it will stop raining and we can get some good ones.

G'day!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you avoided being sick! I'm SOOO looking forward to your posts from Sydney (and maybe Melbourne too??). Australia is the #1 unfulfilled destination on my travel bucket list - but it's SO far away (and so expensive to get to) - I hope I make it there!

    ReplyDelete