Sunday, November 27, 2016

November 27, 2016 - Blog Updates

Here are some updates on our trip. I am having some technical problems with my blog. I think I have reached my limit on photo uploads and I am trying to find out what to do to resolve the situation. I can't easily research this with my limited internet access, but I am getting a little help from "my IT guy." We have hit some rough weather. Today the captain announced that the weather will be with us for a while, so our stop in Khios on Tuesday (a tender port) has been cancelled. Tuesday will be a day at sea. Wednesday, which was originally to have been a day at sea, will now find us at Katakolon, close to Olympia. We haven't been to either place, so it is not a big deal to us. I am way behind now in blogging, but I can't do much until I get the photo problem fixed. We REALLY like the small ship (670 pax vs. 3000). There are a few drawbacks but they are outweighed by the positives. There are never any lines for anything. On our first segment we had a very pleasant group of dinner companions. On the current segment, not so much. The first night we sat at our old table with a couple from Australia and a very entitled couple from Florida (VECFF), who sat in our old seats. The third couple failed to appear (MIA-C). Conversation was awkward. Also, it was really hard to hear Mr. VECFF. The second night We decided to try harder and hoped the MIA-C would show up and the dynamics would improve. The Australians did not appear and neither did the MIA couple. We thought the Aussies were staying away because they didn't like formal nights. Petros said he would get another couple for our table. I sat in my old seat because I though the acoustics would be better. I could tell that Mrs. VECFF didn't like me sitting in "her" seat the minute she arrived. We had an awkward dinner with VECFF.  The third night was Thanksgiving and I was dreading it. We saw the Aussies being seated at another table. VECFF wasn't there. Petros did not get us another couple. I didn't want to eat alone on Thanksgiving. We got another table after a bunch of attitude from Petros. VECFF showed up late and ate alone at the old table. Our new table is really nice. We are always the last table to leave the dining room because we are talking so much. I look forward to dinner. So glad we bit the bullet and changed.  We keep running into VECFF around the ship. Awkward. Sorry about all the gaps and layout issues with the blog. When I get home I will make it all look pretty. Meanwhile, I will blog on as time permits. It helps me process our trip, it allows me to vent when I need to, it creates a record of our trip, but most importantly, it connects me with friends and family. Keep checking in. Better yet, sign up to receive automatic notifications when I have added a post. (I think that if I add two or more posts in one day you only get one notification, so be sure to look at the online version to see if you missed anything.) I love getting comments. This evening the show starred Phillip Browne, a vocalist. He played Mustafa in The Lion King in the West End. His show included Circle of Life, pop, gospel, jazz and R&B. A good time! He even had Ken dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment