Tuesday, March 15, 2022

March 10 — Chillin’ on the Ocean

Our cruise friend, Bob B, says “Oh-she-ann-yuh.” That’s a good compromise. More pronunciation problems will be coming up when we reach the islands, so it’s good to get warmed up.

I started off my day with the Coffee Chat and needlework. I had a nice long talk with Karen D. Then  it was time for Ribbon Bracelet Making. Kits were handed out containing sets of three bracelets. I made the first one and it turned out nice, but a little small.

Meanwhile, Ken went to a presentation on future voyages. They had a promotion for those who booked onboard: discount, shipboard credit, reduced deposit. We found an itinerary we really liked. It is a round-trip from Miami, up the Amazon to Manaus, in December 2023.





Toscana is the Italian specialty restaurant. It was hit or miss. We were both disappointed in the risotto. After going through the photos I realized that the presentation at both Jacques and Toscana is  uninspired. To be honest, many of the dishes I ordered  (March 8 and tonight) looked like somebody vomited on the plate. Toscana does, however, have the most gorgeous china, with cute little dishes for dipping your bread into oil and vinegar.


Shrimp, Caesar salad, and trilogy of pasta, gnocchi, and risotto. Bland, bland, bland.












Here’s the veal scallopine al limone and the roasted peach with zabaglione. See what I mean? Looks like throw-up.










After dinner we saw the show - a vocalist named Jamila. She was OK. 

Today was  the first time I felt really relaxed and settled in to the cruise. It’s really nice to be here.

I hope you are enjoying it wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment